Successor to the St. Marys & Kingsland Railroad, the AW&N operated an 11-mile line between the port community of St. Marys and the mainline railroad town of Kingsland. The company planned to build much farther west than Kingsland, as far as Fort Valley in central Georgia, but the extension never became a reality. The route would have passed through Waycross, Broxton, Abbeville, and Unadilla.
The line was reorganized in 1924 and renamed the St. Marys Railroad.
1917 map, St. Marys (96K)
1917-18 map, entire line (386K)