Collins & Glennville Railroad
The Collins & Glennville was incorporated on June 23, 1921 to operate the 23 miles of railroad between the two Tattnall County towns of its name. The line had operated from 1919 to February 1921 as the Collins and Ludowici Railroad and earlier as a part of the Georgia Coast and Piedmont Railroad.
Moody's Manual of Investments for 1922 reported that the Collins & Glennville owned two locomotives, one flat car, and one combination car. Company offices were in Glennville.
The line was abandoned in 1941 and the tracks were taken up.
1931 map (69K)
1940 timetable (88K)
1943 map (36K)
RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey.