Elberton & Eastern Railroad
Chartered in 1912, the Elberton and Eastern Railroad Company built a 22-mile line from Elberton to Tignall in 1912-13.
The lessees of the Georgia Railroad purchased the E&E in 1916 and extended it 13 miles south to a connection with a branch of the Georgia Railroad at Washington.
The entire line was abandoned in late 1933 and dismantled in 1935.
Maps, Timetables, and Other Information:
1917 equipment (74K)
1918 timetable (39K)
1920 map (36K)
1929 timetable (192K)
1931 map (71K)
RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey.