The railroad from Hinesville to Flemington and McIntosh was built by the Flemington,
Hinesville, & Western Railroad in 1912. In March 1916, it was renamed the Savannah, Hinesville & Western Railroad. A February 2, 1918 article in Railway Review reported that the line "has been acquired by the Hunlevie Lumber Co., which is operating it." [Note: This was most likely the Dunlevie Lumber Company of nearby Allenhurst.]
The SH&W apparently ended service as a common carrier in 1917 and was operated for a time thereafter as a lumber road.