Tifton & Northeastern Railroad
Chartered in 1891, the T&N built a 25-mile line from Tifton to Fitzgerald in 1896. The companys president was H. H. Tift of Tifton, Ga.
The railroad was purchased by the Atlantic and Birmingham Railway in 1903. In 1905 it became a branch of the Atlanta, Birmingham, and Atlantic. At the time it was abandoned in 1960, it was a branch of the Atlantic Coast Line.
Maps, Timetables, and Other Information:
1895 map (53K)
1896 timetable (35K)
1897 timetable (56K)
1901 map (160K)
1902-03 equipment list (138K)
RailGa.com. Georgia's Railroad History & Heritage. © Steve Storey